Brian M. Schulz, M.D., is an Orthopedic Surgeon specializing in ligament,
meniscus, and cartilage injuries of the knee, shoulder instability and
labral tears, rotator cuff injuries, Tommy John surgery, shoulder reconstruction,
upper and lower extremity fracture management, and advanced arthroscopic
and open surgical techniques for sports-related injuries of the shoulder,
elbow, hip and knee. Dr. Schulz is involved in the training of sports
medicine fellows and is committed to providing his patients with the highest
quality orthopedic care.
Dr. Schulz began his studies at the University of Kentucky and earned a
Bachelor of Science degree in Biology, before going on to medical school
at the University of Louisville School of Medicine in Louisville, KY.
He completed his residency in orthopedic surgery at Columbia University
Medical Center/New York-Presbyterian Hospital, where he was administrative
chief resident. Dr. Schulz went on to train as a Kerlan-Jobe Sports Medicine
Fellow and is an active researcher, publishing multiple papers and book chapters.
Dr. Schulz is a member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons,
American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine, Arthroscopy Association
of North America, and The American Orthopaedic Association Emerging Leaders Program.
Dr. Schulz has been a consultant for a variety of professional, collegiate,
and high school athletic teams, including the Los Angeles Dodgers, Anaheim
Ducks, Los Angeles Kings, Los Angeles Lakers, Los Angeles Sparks, Los
Angeles KISS, West Los Angeles College, and Fullerton College.
- Labral Tears
- Meniscus Repairs
- Shoulder Tendonitis
- Knee Tendonitis
- Rotator Cuff Surgery / Surgeries
- Rotator Cuff Injury / Injuries
- Knee Disorders (Injury, Pain, Sprain, Strain)
- LCL Ligament Reconstructive Surgery / Surgeries (Lateral Collateral)
- Meniscus Tears
- ACL Ligament Injury / Injuries (Anterior Cruciate)
- MCL Ligament Injury / Injuries (Medial Collateral)
- Hip Disorders (Injury, Pain, Sprain, Strain) - Sports
- Sports Physicals
- Knee Disorders (Injury, Pain, Sprain, Strain) - Sports
- Elbow Disorders (Injury, Pain, Sprain, Strain) - Sports
- Upper Extremity Fractures (Excluding Hand/Wrist)
- Lower Extremity Fractures (Excluding Foot)