Ilan J. Danan, M.D., M.Sc. is a Sports Neurologist and Pain Management
physician specialized in the management and treatment of neurological
complications of sports-related injury in addition to spine and musculoskeletal
pain using minimally invasive techniques.
Dr. Danan is a consulting neurologist to the Los Angeles Rams, Los Angeles
Galaxy, Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, Anaheim Ducks, Los Angeles Sparks,
and several local collegiate, and high school programs. He has been a
consulting neurologist to the Los Angeles Lakers and Los Angeles KISS.
Dr. Danan has also performed sideline physician work for a variety of
other professional athletic events including the Annual National Football
League Players Association Collegiate Bowl and the 2015 Special Olympics
World Summer Games, held in Los Angeles.
Dr. Danan began his studies at Rutgers University – The State University
of New Jersey. From there, he went on to obtain his Master of Science
in Biomedical Sciences from the University of Medicine and Dentistry of
New Jersey before attending medical school at St. George’s University.
He completed his Neurology residency training at New York Medical College,
where he served as Chief Resident during his final year of training. Dr.
Danan went on to subspecialize at Kerlan-Jobe Orthopaedic Clinic, a founding
partner of the Cedars-Sinai Kerlan-Jobe Institute, as the Sports Neurology
Fellow in 2015. He is a board certified Neurologist by the American Board
of Psychiatry and Neurology.
- Concussion and Post Concussion Syndrome
- Migraine Headaches
- Occipital Neuralgia
- Cervical and Lumbar Pain
- Myofascial Pain Syndrome
- Facet Arthropathy
- Joint Pain/Arthritic Disease
- Piriformis Syndrome
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome/Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy
- Neuropathy/Neuropathic Pain
Recognition & Accolades
- Recipient, American Academy of Neurology 2016 Annual Meeting Fellow Scholarship
- Recipient, American Academy of Neurology 2015Annual Meeting Resident Scholarship
- 2014 Advocacy Class, American Academy of Neurology: Donald M. Palatucci
Advocacy Leadership Forum
- 2016 - Present: American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians
- 2016 - Present: American Society of Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine
- 2014 - American Academy of Neurology: Donald M. Palatucci Advocacy Leadership
- 2011 - Present: St. George’s University School of Medicine Alumni
- 2011 - Present: AAN: Sports Neurology Section
- 2010 - Present: American Academy of Neurology (AAN)